View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 04:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default imho

Quote:
Originally Posted by curem View Post
This was discussed on this forum in 2008, but hasn't seen much activity as of late:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...nfrared&page=1

I am contemplating enrolling my father in clinical trials of an LED helmet that uses several Near Infrared (nIR) Bulbs that focus infrared light into the brain. A rather convincing video posted on Youtube led me to Marvin Berman, the director of the Quiet Mind Foundation. You can see two compelling videos by searching the web for:

1072 treatment Parkinson's

then search for:

CBS Light Therapy Helmet Helps Treat Health Problems

While the videos are pretty amazing, I am cautiously optimistic, and would specifically like to know how patients will do in the long term with such a treatment.

I spoke with Dr. Berman on the phone, at which point he reviewed the preliminary research with me, and discussed the preliminary results of more than 20 people in Africa who he claims had an 80% success rate using this technology. I believe he is conducting this research in coordination with Durham university.

The research on nIR shows that it stimulates neuroprotection and ATP production (ATP is what cells use to create energy within the cell), which might explain the surprising results in the video above.

In order to enter the study, the cost is $15,000, which is due to the extremely high cost of 1072 nm LEDs. As this represents a huge portion of my dad's retirement savings, I'm not jumping into this without due diligence. I would like to know if anyone has any experience using nIR, specifically at wavelengths of 1072 nanometers, which has been shown during neurosurgical studies to penetrate through the skin and skull, reaching much deeper into the cortical tissue. I know several people discussed building similar LED helmets in 2008, so hopefully someone can share anecdotal evidence?

I will share research on nIR later, but don't have time to post it now.

Thanks in advance!
Jonathan
Over the decades we have seen many such convincingly bogus "treatments" for PD. There are many scammers out there, some who try awfully hard to seem legitimate. Only real evidence endures as treatments for PD, and so far the best neurologists in the world are attempting to resolve PD. They are not screwing around with stupid contraptions, whose methods and theory just don't make sense to the laws of nature. Infra red light is essentially just heat, which will simply be absorbed by your skin, and can't be "focussed" to probe any internal structure deep in our brainstems. Just like Mexican stem cell clinics and all other scams that are based on fleecing you because you are ill and desperate. These scams follow a simple path. Find some ********* to baffle the audience with and get some suckers who buy in. If we aren't bestowed with anything better to control the horror that PD can be, as of right now in time, then the answer is a great deal of thought and experimentation is being put into pd, but real accomplishments towards this goal will, as always come slowly, and we'd here about any real breakthroughs and the knowledge would travel quickly, and we would be told to get ready for a real game changer. So in the meantime, go ahead and take all the mucuna pruriens, vitamin supplements, excercise and other proven ways of dealing with PD, Please, no waste papa's money on snake oil.

Last edited by Jomar; 03-19-2015 at 07:22 PM. Reason: per guidelines
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
made it up (03-19-2015)