View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 09:07 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
Do you have reason to believe that yours is a hereditary neuropathy? I do not want to worry you unnecessarily, my sitution is more severe than many, I had poor balance and coordination as a child, was never able to run well or without falling, and only learned to ride a bike with great difficulty. So the muscle weakness has always been present, as have the tight Achilles' tendons. The numbness began in my early 30's. The progression of CMT is highly variable but it always progresses. I have been on a fast track of deterioration lately, but I am 53.
This doesn't come on quickly as a rule, usually even if a diagnosis is made later in life you can see that the signs were there all along. Neuropathies that come up quickly are often the ones that can be halted or reversed if a cause can be found.
No history in my family but the HNPP description is the only one I've read that fits my symptoms of widespread nerve sensitivity. If I lightly scratch my wrists or elbow or bicep I get tingling and electric shocks in my palms and fingers. Same goes for my feet and ankles.

I have a constant burning in both wrists and ankles as well.

Have you looked into stem cell treatment or is that just a scam? Claims sound a little fishy to me.
xrox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote