View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 09:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTGrad View Post
Do you have any links or medical claims to back up excessive running causes neuropathy and autoimmune diseases?
I am not a doctor but I have experience with severe spine issues.

There is no claims or evidence that I no of. There may be a link to running excessively and DDD (especially if there is a family history) but even that is not proven AFAIK.

As for nerve roots. There is no way that nerve root compression would cause widespread paresthesia like yours unless you had many multiple nerve roots compressed at the same time.

It is more likely that you would have central cord compression from a ruptured disc or bone spur. However, compression of the cord (myelopathy) would most always show a weakness along with sensory problems.

And since it is your face down to toes it would have to be cord compression very high up (C1-C2).

Other spine/brain problems that might cause your symptoms would be chiari malformation or syringomyelia.

You could do a self test for Hoffman and Babinski signs. A positive result might point toward a spine issue. A negative result does not rule it out.
xrox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote