View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 10:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi all. Just had the sleep deprived eeg done the other day. Dont remember to much of it because I was so tired but I remember a few things.

The tech kept saying your doing good, almost like to calm me down sort of thing which I found odd because the last time I had one done (non sleep deprived) the tech never really said anything.

I was getting some intense vertigo for some odd reason when the test started and a few times in between. Also kept getting a weird feeling in my stomach and the left side of my face kept tingling and twitching once in a while which was weird.

The hyperventilation part was really odd for me. It only felt like 30-60 seconds long but after the test was done she said it was 3 minutes long. I do remember my left thumb kept going out of control for bits at a time which was weird. After they laid me back down to try to fall asleep I felt like I was convulsing a little. It was almost like a shiver/quivering. Started in my stomach/hip area I think then went to my left arm and then to my legs. I tried stopping it but it kept happening every 10 seconds or so for about a minute then it stopped. Was really weird, I kept kicking the end of the bed when it happened. I know I raised up off the bed almost in a thrusting motion with my hips when it happened. Was really strange because I dont recall ever having that happen. My teeth occasionally chattered as well.

Thats really all I remeber. The tech just kept saying you did a good job and to try to relax my facial muscles. She said that a lot and kept asking if I had a headache. Yup, I was exhausted and had a pounding headache sorry.

Probably wont find out results till monday she said. Im not sure if one happened because Im assuming they would stop the test and have to tell me correct? Dont even know if the tech would know by looking at the monitor or not.

Couldnt fall asleep though sadly which really stunk considering how tired I actually was.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Last edited by Bruins88; 03-20-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote