View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi CJ,

Well if those xrays on the screen behind the large one is not of your mouth, then obviously they belong to someone elses! I had no way of knowing that So thankfully you are in better dental shape than THAT person!!

Yes, Dr Hyman is truly an expert in the field of Functional Medicine. He is in Washington DC meeting with the government trying to get legislature passed for FM to be taught in traditional medical schools. So he is incredibly devoted to this form of healthy medicine.

Regarding replacement of #19.......
A partial denture generally replaces more than one missing tooth. There are smaller removable appliances that might work. One is called a Nesbit. But it is not meant to be worn while eating as it could become dislodged and become a choking hazard. But it does work great for maintaining the integrity of the space so the other teeth do not move.

A dental implant would be a big risk in this area due to the longevity and degree of infection.

A permanent 3 unit bridge would require drilling down the adjacent teeth.

If you leave that space open, the molar behind it will move out of it's current position and the molar above #19 could eventually drift down into the open space,

You would have to speak to your dentist about what would be viable options for your mouth.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjuch View Post
Thank you again for your advice!

In regards to the other xrays on the screen, being that I don't have a missing tooth or have had bridge work done on any of my teeth and definitely not tooth 11, I'm thinking that they are the xrays from the patient before me?

I have heard of Dr. Mark Hyman and read many of his articles regarding autoimmune disease but thank you for the recommendation and I hope that other people stumbling upon this forum as I did will look into functional medicine and consider it for their own well-being.

Sounds crazy but I am actually looking forward to this extraction- I will stress everything that you mentioned in the previous posts and I will probably post another picture after to get your opinion. Hopefully all will be well after that.

Do you have any suggestions for that space that will be there? In the future, are partial dentures a possibility for eating purposes? I know everyone is unique so it all depends on the situation but is it something I should just let be?

Anyways, thank you again for the advice and I hope the information you provided will help others who stumble upon this forum as I did.

~CJ

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote