Old 03-21-2015, 06:34 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
My understanding (as a biomedical scientist, not a health professional) is that MRI is often better than CT in picking up things like pineal gland cysts.

That might explain why the CT scan did not show anything.
That is a good reply from Kiwi33, from what I've scanned through this seems to be the case. I can also find no evidence that Pineal Cysts are thought to cause Anxiety. You say yourself you have been afflicted with this for 6 years or so. See, this is what Anxiety does to our minds, it makes us fear irrationally - I understand.
Have your further tests, have another scan - but how far do you want to go before you trust the judgement of the Drs who are the experts? Possible/probable unnecessary brain surgery? I had a routine Angiogram last year and almost died on the table, becoming Brady Hypotensive. I say this not to scare you, but to try to let you see that it is ok to believe the medical experts you see.
Your Anxiety is clearly the root problem here, making you unable to cope with this unsettling dx and unsure times. Please take my advice from your Intro Thread, you need to develop a coping mechanism, and very few people can do that on their own.

Dave.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (03-21-2015)