Thread: Coconut oil ...
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 12:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Coconut oil can be hard on the guts if you take to much to fast and that sometimes turns people off. However if you can stick it out the benefits of ketones are not only great for cognition, the lauric acid has anti inflammatory effects helps with gut bacteria etc, the list goes on and on, as well the ketones are a great and healthier fuel for the cardiovascular system.

If you can stomach it, try taking a teaspoon a day with food and work it up to 3 a day. Good for energy too, an easier way of getting the ketones flowing without following a strict Ketogenic Diet. If you decide you want to try a Ketogenic diet to run off ketones and to becmoe less dependant on glycogen/sugar/carbs etc you might be surprised to find more cognitive benefits as well as anyone fighting with high BP or blood sugar problems where drugs have failed usually respond quite well to this change, at the very least it will help any insulin resistance issues which also has a poor effect on cognition anxiety depression etc, although like anything it takes time for the body and brain to adapt. Prior to the brain injury I used coconut oil and a ketogenic diet for sports and training reasons and it was the best I ever felt.

Sorry for the long post I get excited whenever I see someone else turn to things like this as they are very successful fairly cheap when compared to pharma/drugs.
MVTBI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote