View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi CJ,

Some dentists are not in favor of the nesbit appliance because although it works great if it is used properly, some people will use it to eat with and like I said it could be a choking hazard. So the dentists that don't recommend them do so because they don't want to be sued for someone choking on one of them.

Just some FYI......When the adjacent teeth move toward the open space, it can cause a misalignment of your bite which can cause bone loss and problems to occur with your other teeth. So it is not ideal for those adjacent teeth to move into an unnatural position.

All the best to you!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjuch View Post
Thanks a million!

I think the only options that my dentist or the oral surgeon will recommend is a bridge or implant- both of which I do not want. My sister had the same tooth pulled a few years back and the surrounding teeth closed in on it and there is a small gap- I'm hoping that is what will happen with me but I know we are all different and anything can happen.

I will bring up the nesbit and see what they say but I know for sure that there is no way I will get an implant and I'm on the fence about a bridge but leaning more towards "no" on the bridge, I just feel like I will end up having problems with the surrounding teeth since they are both healthy right now. I do like the idea of the nesbit - as to keep the space open and not have the teeth close in, so I will be quite pushy about it.

Bottom line here: that tooth needs to be out and there is no way I'm getting an implant.

Thanks for the advice!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote