Thread: Coconut oil ...
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I keep my coconut oil for consumption in the refrigerator as it doesn't stay solid on the shelf in our high temperatures here. It's just my personal preference though. As far as I know it has a long shelf life. It was disconcerting to wake up in the morning and see it solid some days and to watch it melt before my very eyes only to go solid again by bedtime. I figured that wasn't a good thing on a daily basis for the quality of the oil.

Coconut oil has a melting point of 76F or 24C approx.. so if it's pure oil and on the shelf it is solid it just means it's colder than 76F.

I use it in different ways. I add a teaspoon of it to a smoothie everyday made with things like baby English spinach, banana, almond milk, some greek yoghurt, a few blueberries, ice and a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper. I vary it.

If I need to cook something in the pan I'll use a little of it for that sometimes as well.

Coconut oil has been around my home since I was a little girl and used for many purposes. It doesn't affect my digestive system negatively in any way.

There have been other posts if I recall correctly about fasting.
Fasting is not for me. I feel weak enough some days. I do better with lots of small meals spread throughout the day and I need protein. If I cut out the protein too much I feel terrible. Everyone is different though.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote