View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 03:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Amish background

I was diagnosed in 2009 with SCA. I was diagnosed here in Nashville Tennessee by a wonderful neurological doctor dr fallis. there is research going in Lancaster County Pennsylvania on the Amish community it is a mutated gene and some of the numbers have not been discovered due to my Amish relatives not coming forth to go to doctors. so if that is the case then it is important to tell your doctor. I have felt the same way you are explaining and by decreasing your stress will help and will add to your life. also my doctor put in a prescription to the insurance company for a hover round it took 3 months to receive it. I use it occasionally but he is putting everything that I will eventually need to use so hi will not be waiting for anything to able me to get around. also here in Nashville Tennessee we have what is called accesride. where you can take a hover round or a walker you call to schedule a ride from your home to forever you need to go it is 3. 60 for one way. I just approved for this service yesterday. even though on good days I can still drive. I have had to cancel some appointments because of feeling bad and not able to drive. I now can use the accesride to go to the doctors even when I feel bad. I hopehas helped some people. find a good neurological doctor that will work with you and give you the time and not feel like you are being hurried. I have been very blessed to have a wonderful regular doctor and a neuro DR that take an interest in my SCA
mjdoggie2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote