View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 04:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Although I don't have a pineal gland cyst, I understand the anxiety. Several years ago I was told (before the days of Google, my age is showing) over the phone by a neurologist after a head MRI that I have "a brain tumor on your pituitary gland and I will see you on or next scheduled appointment in three weeks." She refused to give me other information at the time. I was a wreak to put it mildly. It turns out that I do have a benign cyst, sometimes referred to in the medical field as a "tumor," but it is benign (not cancerous or growing). This cyst has been rediscovered a few times over the years and I'm not sure if it has caused me any of my neurological problems as I've had a stroke(s) too, but I can tell you that twenty plus years later it is not any worse than it was. As hard as it is to hear this (just like telling a depressed person to "snap out of it", not so easily done), try to live your life the best you can with what you have, even if not functioning on all cylinders. I know it doesn't take the worry away, but the more you practice at making the best out of what you have, almost microscopic improvements will happen until one day you will be able to look back and say "I'm better than I was then." Meditation does help, tho it takes practice. Hang in there, and know you have friends here.
MeBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (03-21-2015)