View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 11:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattle Dog View Post
Stang1,

Just wanted to let you know I met with the surgeon in Chicago and feel comfortable (as much as I can be) with him performing the Eden Lange procedure. I have scheduled for May 5th. They immobilize your arm for 6 weeks in a gunslinger brace. Not sure how I'll manage flying back on a plane, pain wise.. I can follow with my local Orthopedic doctor, but will need to travel back at 6 weeks and again in 3 months. It's going to be costly, but this is the only option. I just hope all goes well and there are no complications.

Still a mystery as to how this happened. He said he has never seen before with the type neck surgery I had.

He recently performed on another patient and is going to check to see if they would be willing to talk with me.

I will keep you posted - sounds like MagicMom might be joining our club.
That's awesome! I'm very excited for you. So after the 6 weeks do you have to do PT? If you do get to talk with someone can you ask if you loose any function after the procedure?

I never did ask if insurance would cover such a procedure. Hopefully it does as I have almost met my deductible for the year again. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Stang1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote