View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi nienna,

The lower tooth that is hurting since the new bite adjustment may only need to be adjusted so you are not biting so hard into it. However, this would need to be done asap because the pain indicates that the ligament that holds the tooth in the bone is being irritated by the bite and this is causing inflammation to develop which can progress into an infection that would involve the nerve of the tooth. So it is best to see your dentist asap to take this tooth out of occulsion.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by nienna777 View Post
My prosthodontist just removed my 9 remaining upper teeth, and placed a temporary all on 4 implant. He stated that while he is working on that, he is also working to correct my overbite, using several different temp implants over time. I was happy that he was doing so much for me, however, I've just noticed that one of my lower teeth is now beginning to hurt with the new pressure it is receiving from the adjustments.

My prosthodontist has up to date x-rays, therefore he knows the condition of all of my teeth, before making the decision to begin the correction of the overbite. My concern, is that if this tooth cracks or breaks due to the pressure, that I will be forced to pay even more money now to correct that tooth, when I had planned to wait until next year to focus on correcting my lower teeth. I do not like being forced to do things I'm not ready to do, and I'm scared that he won't fix the tooth unless I pay full price.

What should I do about this, and how should I present this issue to my prosthodontist? I will be seeing him on 3/27 for further evaluation and another new temp implant to further the correction.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote