Thread: Rytary?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 01:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Early Experience with Rytary

My wife has had PD for 11 years. She has been on Rytary for about 3 weeks. She is taking 3 tabs 4X per day--7am, 12 noon, 5 pm and 10 pm. Also taking Ropineral 8 mg 2x per day and 1/2 tab of comtan when she takes the Rytary. First few weeks of Ryatary were amazing. Little if any off time, much better sleep, more energy and much more able to get around. A few days ago the morning dose was slower to kick in and the later doses began to wear off after 3.5 hours. Stiffer at night as well. We are uncertain what is going on, but wonder if Rytary is incredibly effected by food--especially protein. She may have been eating a bit more and enjoys nuts as a snack. with Sinemet she could wait 1/2hr and then be okay with nuts. I guess because it is so slow to metabolize protein is much more likely to impact things. I will see what her movement disorder doc thinks. It has been kind of disappointing to see this happen after a pretty impressive start. Any thoughts, experiences or suggestions would be welcome.
1990nyboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bogusia (04-09-2015), wendy s (03-23-2015)