View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 03:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowted View Post
I would like to hear from anyone who has, has recovered from or even has any knowledge or experience from working with someone with this diagnosis or through their studies. I was diagnosed 22 months ago. i have not had any one to compare or share things with because i have yet to find anyone who has had or has this diagnosis. All i have is the little info i have found on the internet, which shows i am not a typical case! I can't possibly be the only person in the world with it!!! I know in the USA it is under the vast umbrella of conversion disorder but when i look it up there is rarely any mention of the motor problems i am experiencing.

I just want to know other peoples experience of this disorder

if you have experience or knowledge of dissociative motor disorder please let me know, i feel soo alone. I do not mind enlightening you about it either if you are curious as it may help others in the future too!
Hello
Just writing to say you are not alone. I have had the condition alongside a breakdown and extreme emotional stress. I could not walk and had paralysis one side of my body. I had to drag myself across the floor to move. My symptoms of DMD lasted for three months. Gradually I gained the ability to walk and my strength in my arms returned and I could then open doors for myself instead of waiting for others to do so. I had unexplainable pains in my chest which lasted for a while, thankfully heart problems were ruled out by my medical care.
You are right there is very little information out there and I am doing the same as yourself to find out more about the condition. Take care and I hope your condition improves.
AndyB247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote