View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 04:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I really hope you don't end up with that label too! I'm not saying yours aren't epileptic, I'm just appalled at how much doctors have our lives in their hands and don't realize that their treatment of us can affect our quality of life for years to come. I know in my case I have had many nightmares about finding myself unconscious or in a seizure, with doctors standing around saying I was "faking it," and doing things to me to prove their point like dragging my lifeless body around on thin bed sheets so I can feel every bump and bruise, over rocks, mountains and cliffs, while not being able to do anything about it because I was "unconscious". It is weird having dreams you're unconscious! And so now I have PTSD-like symptoms from the way I was treated by these docs. And even if my 5% of seizures were 100% psychogenic (which is now proven to NOT be the case), those 5% are just as hard to deal with and just as real of a condition, tho different cause, and all people deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. My opinion of most doctors has now reversed from what I thought of them growing up, I used to think they were caring, knowledgeable people. Now I think they have just enough knowledge that they can either "practice" medicine, or create a mess out of someone's life. Don't get me wrong, I don't think their intentions, for the most part (if they can get past their god complex), are bad, they have just enough knowledge to think they are better than us and nowadays just don't have the time and tools to treat people like they should, but think they are doing us a service when sometimes they are actually harming. I have sometimes wondered if my five percent were actually epileptic seizures that were just so deep down that they didn't show up on the EEG too. I know that my EEGs that do show seizure activity, the activity originates from the area of scar tissue from my old stroke. But I also know that I have had emotional issues, most I thought I had dealt with in the past from trauma in the past, but then partly, like I said, I've been traumatized by dealing with these doctors. I know that is the area I struggle with, by far, nowadays.
I REALLY AM ON YOUR SIDE!
Take care and let us know how things turn out.
MeBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote