View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 04:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synnove View Post
I had EEG test a long time ago.
The neurologist I saw just gave me the report and referred me to another neurologist and said " he will explain it to you."

The next neurologist did not, and I disliked this one even more than the first one.

The report said :IMPRESSION : "This is an abnormal EEG recording due to presence of phase reversal in the mid central region"

Can anyone here explain it?

Thanks

I review EEG's for epileptologists, who are neurologists that specialize in seizure disorders. It is my job to know the characteristics of abnormalities, and make notes about them on the patient's EEG. Most phase reversals seen on an EEG are normal. One in the mid-central region indicates a person has entered a drowsy state. It's called a vertex wave.

I'm very curious about the expertise of the person who gave that impression. No epileptologist that I've ever worked with would ever describe an abnormality as "a phase reversal." Especially a phase reversal in the mid-central region.

If there is a concern about your possibly having seizures or epilepsy, I'd recommend finding a good epileptologist and having a repeat EEG done at a lab in a hospital where the EEG will be read and interpreted by an epileptologist.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote