View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi Hela,
I feel for you, and am torn between the advice I would want to offer. Having Depressive Personality Disorder and severe Depression I once had my personality changed totally due to the medication I was taking. Along with my physical disabilities I was impossible to live with and my partner of 15 years left. I felt betrayed and abandoned and it was one of the most hurtful points in my life.
However, out of necessity, I had my meds changed and pulled myself together so I could cope with my daily needs - something I hadn't managed mentally for years.
The initial pain, which has been revisited by family for various reasons over the years, is one which many ill or disabled people suffer through their lives. Visited upon them - often unknowingly - by family or friends.
Yet, in my case, and possibly yours, causing this pain makes positive changes in the sufferer. Without a safety net one HAS to follow the path that leads to a better life, be it new meds or a return to Therapy.
Above all else there is your own wellbeing to consider. 'Misery loves company', and if you get dragged down into a dark spiral you will be of no help to anyone, anyway.

Dave.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-24-2015)