View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 12:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

[QUOTE=Always_Believe;1131235][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Purple"]LL
At this time, I don't have that option. Coming from the 'provider' side of things, I hear it discussed all too often and I don't want to be one they are talking about. Hence, the reason I am not asking for anything...and I suppose, ergo the reason my rehab most likely won't progress.

Hey Girl,

I have been sitting with this statement for a bit. At first I didn't want to respond because I have to say honestly that it made me kinda mad. My first thought was What? no! Rehab is probably your best shot for improving your functioning and I don't really believe you would throw away the opportunity over what looks like pride and concern about what others think. I am hoping you made this statement out of an abundance of fed up-ness. I don't know how many articles I have looked at that stated the aim of a sympathetic block was to bring the pain down enough so people could rehab. You need rehab to function better! It was difficult to get, don't blow it by not participating fully. Orthopedists deal with people needing pain control so they can work in PT, this isn't unheard of. So what if they talk about you? It's your life, your body, your outcome. Focus on the long term goal, getting some life back and to hell with what people think. We have all lost vanity and pride over this disease. I lost mine dragging myself across the floor on my butt for months to get to the bathroom when even being up on crutches was too much. This wrecks havoc on pant seats, I gotta say. The only reason I don't have to do that anymore because of rehabbing persistently.

Have your fed-up day, we all do, but then let it go and move forward even if just a little. You got PT to go to after all...

I am sending more Healing Love,
Littlepaw

PS I apologize in advance to you or anyone else who might take offense at my post. I am not mad at you. I just feel strongly that we have to take care of ourselves even at the expense of our self image and regardless of other people's lack of understanding.

Last edited by Littlepaw; 03-24-2015 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Addition
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-24-2015)