Old 03-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olraalil View Post
Thanks, Dave, for your reply. I am trying to get an appointment with a psychotherapist...just waiting. I'm pretty sure I'm only depressed because I hurt all the time but thought maybe a professional could help me with the whole 'managing the pain' concept.
All the test results (CT, MRI, bloodwork) show there is no cause for the pain which almost makes it harder to accept. I'm one who wants to know WHY? And I guess I'm a little impatient. I've been hurting for 3 months, but I've read some threads here where people have suffered for years. I don't know how they can tolerate it.
Hi Olraalil,
Visiting a Psychotherapist is a very good idea - anything that helps the mind with the coping mechanism is worth trying - many of us use Meditation daily to strengthen our minds to help us cope.
It is frustrating when tests show there seems to be no cause. I know you saw an Oral Surgeon - does that mean there is no possibility this could have a dental root (no pun)?
I hate to tell you this, but I am 19 years into my suffering. The arterial knot showing on my MRI will never go away. You COULD have an artery pressing on the Trigeminal Nerve, many times they don't show on MRI's.
Good luck finding your Therapist, you may find 'acceptance' is the first part of learning how to cope. If you are rx'd AD meds, don't automatically turn your nose up at them, few people know the severity of this pain. Do all you can, and try all the meds and treatments to get back some semblance of a normal life.

Dave.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote