Thread: Dental Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 02:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsparkles926 View Post
So I had my top 2 wisdom teeth removed almost 4 weeks ago (will be 4 weeks on Wednesday). the right side hole seemed to be much smaller and is healing a lot better. The left side hole is bigger facing more so towards my cheek and seems to be more difficult. They seem to be filled in with new tissue already although I drank from a straw the other day and the right side is very sore. I also seem to have lingual tonsillitis which my ENT gave me Keflex 500 mg 3 times a day for 10 days. I was worried about the soreness so I saw the oral surgeon the staff stated the site was filled in and looked great as did my dentist who saw me 2 weeks post op. I'm concerned with the soreness I'm having, the salt-water rinse kind of stings it. When I look at it, it seems ok although looks almost rawer on certain sides than the other. Yesterday it hurt to open my jaw a little on the left side, was very random didn't last as long but hurt up to my eye and cheek. Once I massaged my cheek it was a little better. It almost feels raw in areas, drinking water doesn't make it hurt, it almost feels like a scab was pulled off. I am just concerned with what's going on, hoping it's not an infection, but I also am on antibiotics. I've had a rough time lately with teeth issues, had a bottom molar re-root canaled due to an infection as well in December. Any information would be helpful thanks!

Update: Saw a new dentist today and they did radiograph's and he advised there is nothing on the radiographs that concern him. He definitely see's where the new tissue has filled in but it's still red and tender and he said it looks like the left tooth was facing more towards my cheek where more of the sensitivity could be coming from. Just told to give it more time.
starsparkles926 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote