View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 03:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpsspoonie12 View Post
I am so sorry Carolina Rose! That sounds awful! I'm definitely sending good thought and prayers your way! As far as people being on your case, what I have found to be helpful is to tell them about your pain in a way that they would understand more. For example, I've told people before that on bad flares my arm feels like the worst sunburn you've ever had that is on fire and every time something touches it it is like rug burn on top of that, or something along those lines. If they still are giving you a hard time, ask them to read up on it a little bit, even show them the pain scale thing ( anyone remember the name of it?) That shows that rsd\ crps is the highest pain on the scale, above cancer pain, and childbirth. Also, you could discribe it as being similar to fibromyalgia but worse, because people know a little bit more about that kind of pain. But overall, it can be very hard for people to understand your pain, try to be patient on that, but also tell people that sometimes you just can't do certain things.

I'm so sorry today is hard for you with everything going on. Maybe a nap might help with some pain relief for a bit? And remember, its okay to not always be okay.

Sending love and understanding
I have the mcgill pain scale and have showed them. My mom is a nurse you would think she would get the picture. Anywho. Thanks bunches for the prayers and well wishes. Think I am going to write all of my battles out on individual pieces of paper and stick em in a jar and just pick one at a time to fight.
carolinarose79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote