Old 03-24-2015, 05:29 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Believe View Post
LP

No access to a pool. I have a (smaller) whirlpool tub in my bathroom, but it's incredibly difficult to get in & out of and I can't get the jets to the right places/right intensity (even if that means "off").

Most days I can make it to the commode, I put the same clothes on that I dropped on the floor in the potty palace the night before while sitting on the commode. I can make it to the sink to wash my hands/brush my teeth and back to my bed to take my meds...and/or walk downstairs to let the dogs out and back upstairs to complete the above tasks. At that point, I'm spent for a while. Sometimes it's only an hour, sometimes it's several hours, sometimes it's the rest of the day.

I can stand. For about 10-15 minutes before the intense tingling/stabbing in my foot starts. I can walk without the tingling/stabbing for about 50-75 feet before the shooting pain in my knee starts. I feel like if I could rehab my knee more, I could rehab the peroneal palsy a bit. But that (knee pain) is not really being addressed. The PT that did my eval suggested (several times) that I contact my ortho about pain management. That is incredibly difficult for me. I tolerate pain pretty well and can be laughing with a pain level 6-7, but it gets to an 8-10, I'm quiet or crying. My experience with my endo pain years ago (before the major "drug-seeker" movement) was a rough one. Probably what makes me not want to ask for pain meds. I don't want that label. Funny that I didn't become addicted when I was on 20mg oxycontin twice/daily with 10mg oxycodone for breakthrough every 4 hours for 8 months.

I think I'm just tired of the tendency of those around me to disregard my pain as though I'm not really in pain at all. That perception contributes to me not discussing pain management with my ortho. Please tell me I'm not alone thinking/feeling this. When in the process did you think/feel this way? How did you deal with it? How did you begin your conversations with your MD to address your pain? What about family/friends?
This was the comment I was referring to when I brought up addiction vs. dependence.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote