View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 08:46 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Julie,

I understand your frustration. I have not driven with someone else in the car in almost 14 years. I am not suggesting losing hope. But hoping for the future without planning for today is troublesome.

Other than speech therapy, vestibular therapy and such, there is nothing a doctor can do to speed up healing.

"Our life is changed because of me and everyone would like to know when it is going back to normal. And they want more than I can do with symptom management" This is the new normal.

Everyone needs to understand that the more they can help you live within your limits now, the greater your chances are of getting better. Healing happens best with low stress and minimal symptoms. So, managing symptoms has more benefit than just avoiding symptoms. Hopefully, you will be able to slowly return to your past activities. But, that return needs to be slow and measured. A good day or two does not mean you should try to take on old activities. It takes a few weeks of good days before you can consider those good days lasting.

Have you watched the YouTube "You Look Great" series ?
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AndromedaJulie (03-25-2015)