View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 11:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Had my EMG today. I was told my nerves/muscles are normal and healthy. How can that be??? I don't think I need a skin biopsy since I don't really have much pain, just a buzzing, asleep sensation, slight burning, muscle spasms, and muscle weakness. What is the point of the EMG anyway? I was told I don't have CIDP. Obviously not yet but the point of coming to the doc is to stop the progression. The repeated EMG tests will just monitor your progress while your condition just gets worse. It doesnt really solve anything.

I am scheduled for more bloodwork this week and a brain/cervical MRI. I just don't get how my muscles seem fine according to the EMG but I still feel weak. But wouldn't I feel pain if there was something wrong with my spine or neck? Like if I slept on it wrong which caused this to start, I for sure would have felt some pain in the morning.

On another weird but good note, I had knee reflexes today. Very strange because 4 days ago the doc hit it tons of times but couldn't get it to budge. Maybe was hitting the wrong spot.
Tunaboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote