View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 09:49 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question How do you deal with minor bumps on the head?

Since my concussion, I have noticed a significant intolerance to minor bumps that previously had no effects. Small bumps can cause an immediate relapse of PCS symptoms for me.

For example, today one of my friends hit my head with his sweater (he forcefully threw it on my head). I know it's not a concussion (because even though he smashed it with force, it's only a sweater and couldn't cause much damage because it is soft and shouldn't deliver too much force), but I started feeling really bad about 30 minutes later.

I actually felt fine this morning but this bump made all my symptoms return, and now I feel terrible. Is it because of the anxiety, or because of the bump itself? Again, it was sort of a whiplash hit, but I immediately convinced myself it couldn't be damaging to my brain. Despite my attempts to avoid anxiety, this little bump ruined my day and now I feel a strong headache along with brain fog.

What should I do about such things?
Do you also experience a similar insensitivity to bumps on the head?

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote