Thread: Dental Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 11:07 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi starsparkles,

My advice would be to see your orthodontist to evaluate the fit of your retainer and adjust it if necessary to accommodate the removal of this tooth. Also, not wearing your retainer will cause a shift in your teeth as your teeth have a memory and to prevent them from moving, the retainer needs to be worn regularly. So your bite could be off from not wearing the retainer which could be the cause or part of the cause of your jaw pain.

Most times when a wisdom tooth is high up and facing the cheek side, the removal of this tooth is a bit different than if it were sitting straight in the bone. The bone surrounding the angled tooth is different than normal around the cheek side. So this may take longer to heal and will look different than the other side.

Bryanna

QUOTE=starsparkles926;1131579]Thank you so much Bryanna! I have seen the oral surgeon at least twice into the healing process and he had kept saying everything was healing well and my surgery was rather easy since the teeth were already erupted. I went last week but his staff looked at the area's and stated that tissue has already formed in the area. I feel bad for calling so much. I do know that the side that is more irritated is the one where the tooth was facing more towards my cheek. I do wear a retainer from having braces but due to the surgery I haven't been wearing it that often. I did however start wearing it regularly for the past few nights, so it is definitely possible I may be clenching due to stress and what not.[/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote