View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 11:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
I can only briefly comment on the weed... I wanted to try it, got a vaporizer specifically for cannabis, and found out it's not easy to find weed that is geared to pain control in Holland. Most weed is selected for high THC content, and what we normally want is CBD.

After I found some very mellow weed with minimal THC I tried it, and although I can't say it did nothing - it made me calmer for a while - I can't (and never could) get used to the feeling of "not being in control" that weed seems to give me. I know, that sounds a bit strange for a confirmed alcoholic... but that's how it works for me.

I don't know what the possibilities are in your state or if it's even appropriate to mention, but if you want to try it you really want medicinal weed and not "medicinal wink wink" weed if you catch my drift. Vaporizing it is - after ingestion - probably the cleanest way, but a decent device is not inexpensive and needs to be learned on how to use it.

In the end, I think - if it works for you - that it's a temporary relief, and not something that you want to use 24/7. It would more be like taking an occasional break - at least, that's how it would work for me if I can ever find a version that doesn't increase paranoid feelings.

My best longer term bet is still the Zone diet/fish oil that I talked about so much. Did you give that a try? It's pretty easy to do, and you should notice some improvement after about 30 days. If it doesn't work for you the worst that can happen is that you may lose a few pounds or get addicted to broccoli.
I like your suggestion, Wide-O, my diet has been terrible. Yes, I have done low carb, or zone like diets before, and always felt good on them. I just find it hard to believe that it would effect PN much, but I am starting today!! Also, i will add, the fish oil. I used it years ago , but dont much anymore. I have the same experience with thc, more or less, and probably wont ask him about it unless the atmosphere is friendly to that. What do you do to reduce stress? I dont think I have an inordinate amount of it, but maybe I do. I exercise, meditate, etc.....but again, my diet has been horrid. I shall fix that while I wait for my appointment. Thanks so much.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wide-O (03-26-2015)