View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 03:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
Time to buy a new chair. Since I am 24/7 in a power chair, this is important (and very $$$!)

Any advice. Do know I want dependable (been pleased by my Invacare TDX-SP), tilt mechanism. flip up footrest (must have for self-toileting, air,gel cushion. Any thoughts? Experiences? Can't get on a scooter.
Why not get another Invacare TDX-SP? Looks to me as if it has a flip up footrest but I did find this announcement on the Webpage:

Quote:
Invacare has entered into a consent decree of injunction with the FDA that may limit our ability to provide this product.
Not sure what that means but is there a reason why you need to get a new chair, kicker?

I've been lucky enough not to need a power chair but have a manual one and have tried a few power chairs. I haven't had enough experience with them to know anything much. I'd be inclined to go for the lightest weight chair I could find but that might mean a less stable chair, and that wouldn't be safe.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
msbluis (04-26-2015), SallyC (03-25-2015)