View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 04:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Curcumin

I'm working through this sticky and still trying to understand the difference between turmeric and curcumin when I make this purchase.

When they list it below as Turmeric (but with Curcuma in parenthesis), does that refer to the plain turmeric that doesn't have the amount of curcumin we are looking for? Or is that ok?

from puritan's pride:
Serving Size 1 Capsule
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (root) 450 mg
Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa)(root)(Standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids) 50 mg

compared to

from doctor's best:
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Curcumin Phytosome (Meriva):
Phospholipid-Curcuminoids Complex 1000 mg
Curcumin and other curcuminoids, minimum 180 mg

Thanks so much!
Julie

For the 5-10 years prior to that I’ve had what I now realize were possibly 20+ undiagnosed concussions or sub-concussions. Likely most of these result from Duane's Syndrome, for which I now have prism glasses. Have successfully done vestibular therapy and plan to start vision therapy.

Current companions: Significant depression, anxiety, hyperacusis, difficulty with verbal expression (recall & word mixups), mild spacial/vestibular issues. Feelings of disconnect in relationships.
AndromedaJulie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote