View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 05:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello again,

Sorry for another post but I'm really torn with what to do about this tooth...

I visited another dentist for a second opinion since I'm uneasy about what to do after I get tooth 19 pulled. According to him, my only options are an implant, bridge, or partial denture (if I had more teeth missing although he says that is not ideal) and that if it was him he would get the implant since it will last longer and has a very low change of failure even after having this infection come and go for some time now. I told him my fears of having my jaw bone get infected and according to him once they remove the tooth and everything associated with it there is no way an infection can happen or the changes are extremely low.

I mentioned the nesbit and he said that eventually my bone will shift and deteriorate anyways and that a bridge or implant would be the best bet with him leaning more towards an implant.

I know I want the tooth out. If this was you- what would you do?

I know that the bridge can complicate the other two teeth and that leaving it alone "can cause a misalignment of my bite which can cause bone loss and problems to occur with my other teeth" so I feel like I don't have many options. I know that you are only offering your advice online without having me and ex-rays right in front of you and any advice should not be taken as medical advice-but I just really don't know what to do and the doctors are really pushing me for an implant.

Sorry to drag this post out but i don't feel like i have many options here. I know keeping my mouth healthy can avoid this problem but now that I have it I don't know what to do.

Thanks so much for your advice up to this point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi CJ,

Some dentists are not in favor of the nesbit appliance because although it works great if it is used properly, some people will use it to eat with and like I said it could be a choking hazard. So the dentists that don't recommend them do so because they don't want to be sued for someone choking on one of them.

Just some FYI......When the adjacent teeth move toward the open space, it can cause a misalignment of your bite which can cause bone loss and problems to occur with your other teeth. So it is not ideal for those adjacent teeth to move into an unnatural position.

All the best to you!
Bryanna
cjuch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote