View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 07:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecari_S View Post
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I joined the forum last week and posted a question in this section, but it seems like you would have thoughtful responses for me given your experiences. I don't want to hijack this thread, though, so if you'd rather check out the "Is is worth trying again?" thread, that's mine.

One question that came up for me when I was reading through this thread was whether either of your (Merlin & Dean) shunts are the anti-syphoning type? When I called the hydro association the woman I spoke with asked me if that had been the case with the one that the NS implanted and removed. I don't know if mine was, and I don't know if it would have made a difference. All I really know is that the NS dropped me like a hot potato and that my symptoms are getting worse and worse; my latest fall injury was a dislocated collar bone at the SC joint. Between the falls and my cognitive decline (my wife helps me with stuff like this, btw), I'm feeling increasingly vulnerable and scared.
Hey Tecari,
I don't mind ya droppin in ere, if you've got questions then please ask away. I don't have all the answers, but if I can answer, then I will.
Unfortunately you'd have to ask a NS if yours was antisyphon, mine is now but it took them 7 surgeries to decide to add one eventually.
I have found the medical neuro community very difficult, as in, 'we are the dr's, we know better than you, so don't you dare question us'. Often it can be better to get your Dr to ask the questions of the neuro, in writing. It can all be very scary as the patient and if you are not getting acceptable answers, then that can exacerbate the fear. But often the neuros/medicos don't seem to understand this. But if you are having falls then you must follow it up. Can you get a referral to another neuro or a physician to investigate for you. At least that way you'll have someone doing the 'hunting for an answer' for you.

Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote