View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 08:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpsspoonie12 View Post
Hey guys,

So I have really bad pain at night most nights and it keeps me from getting to sleep even though I am exhaustion. Then sometimes, the pain will wake me up from my sleep and then the cycle of pain will start over and I won't be able to sleep again. Has anyone else had this kind of problem? What do you do to help? Thanks for your help
Unfortunately, insomnia is a nasty component of Crps. My doc, who worked with Dr. Schwartzman, believes it's not just the pain that causes the insomnia. Rather an underlying physiological change. She did a LOT of studies with Schwartzman on pretty much everything about Crps. Woohoooooo lucky me to have her lol. And they found that Crps patients are, a lot of the time, truly losing all most all sleep.
Most chronic pain patients talk say "I can't sleep at all" when they generally sleep 3-4 hour a night. However people with Crps don't sleep at all when going through bouts of insomnia.
She wants to set up a Crps only sleep trial and do more studies to see what exactly happens with Crps and sleep loss!
You are definitely not the only one who goes through everything we do and then add the insanity of sleep deprivation....lol
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-26-2015)