View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 10:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Update for those interested - my daughter is getting the Calmare treatments again. This last remission lasted about 5 1/2 months again. We were hoping for longer this time, but we'll take what we can get! and 5 1/2 months without pain or drugs is just so wonderful.

We were able to get in for treatments really quickly this time, so she might only need 3 "booster" treatments this time around, instead of 4. Thank goodness, the machines have finished being serviced and are back in Arizona, so we only need to drive an hour for the treatments instead of going all the way to Utah!

(whoops - she just came in and said there was a little pain starting, so it looks like we'll need that fourth treatment)

Anyway, the treatment is continuing to work very well for her, and thank goodness, the dr. is planning on keeping the machine because he's been very happy with it. Her last 3 remissions have lasted about 5 1/2 months (the first few lasted about 3 months). I think I'll start the fight with my insurance company to get it covered. I actually won the fight with Blue Cross, but a month later, we changed insurance companies! So now I'll have to start the fight with Aetna. I guess I'll just start with the same 4-page letter and go from there!

Gentle hugs, prayers and good wishes for those fighting this disease!! I'll continue posting updates whenever I get more news.
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote