Thread: Had Enough
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 12:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
My friends and fellow members,
You know me by now, know that I try to stay positive in my Postings and my support. Yesterday was rough, both physically and mentally and this Post reflected that.
Yet, well within 24 hours, your support has turned me around.

Lara: Comforting words as usual.

Bluesfan: A complaint or Tribunal would be inappropriate. The Neuro was thorough enough examining me and going over old stuff, and he showed me my MRI with the Occipital and White Matter Lesions. He just had huge holes in his knowledge which others on the Net have, and which one would expect. He also couldn't/wouldn't answer other questions due to NHS Opinions, I assume.
I could easily be referred to another Neuro by my GP or Eye Consultant, but it would be another 5 hour day of "what's the point?"
As for cricket, I can't watch it but support and follow the results of Lancashire, and support the England and Wales Cricket Team. I support England, and English competitors, in every sport - individual and team.

Merl1n: This was my first Neuro for years - I don't know why I was persuaded to go back.
Damage to my spine from accidents and the damage in my brain on the MRI are clear to see, I'm afraid.
You need to hang in there and keep pursuing the correct dx from the right Drs. Eventually you will find the answers.

Kiwi33: Short, and sweet, thanks as usual.

MrsD: I've noticed the Neuro complaints all over the Forums - from all over the World.
I never met ONE who gave me a med FOR my conditions - always using unpredictable side-effects to treat me. This is even the case with my Topiramate for Cluster Headaches.
I will check out Drs Blaylock and Perlmutter asap.
Your thoughts are insightful as usual.

Diandra: As is usual with the NHS, no excuse was forthcoming. I don't even know if he was in the Clinic.
I read the Columbia site last night, it amazes me the differences of opinion there to here over these Cysts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not obsessed with it - nor do I want anything done, brain surgery, NO THANKS! I simply want it recognised that the Cyst COULD be responsible for some of my neurological and mental issues.
I will read the other sites as my eyes allow, with MrsD's links. Thank you.

You all turned my mood around about this. Before I joined this Forum my Depressive Disorder would have had me down and obsessing for months. I'm still down because of my Disorder, but not over the Neuro as I know so many go through the same thing and you all have switched that obsessive mood off.
Thank you

Dave.
Hey Dave,
The dr's have sent me to a head shrink dr, went to see her this morning. She tells me I don't need another appointment with her as she deals with people who are not really in touch with reality and in her words I'm "in touch with reality, its just my reality sucks". Now that helps. NOT.
Hope you had/have better luck with your medical professionals
Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (03-26-2015), Enna70 (03-26-2015)