View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Beverly,
I had my first TOS surgery January 2006 a partial scalenectomy and neuroplasty but I didn't have a rib removal. Eight months after my first surgery I had started experiencing numbness, tingling and pain in my right arm which was the surgical side. Due to problems with scar tissue I then had to have a re-do on Jan 2007 of the right brachial plexus. The anti scaring material that had been placed by the ulnar nerve didn't take and I had a large build up of scar tissue that was causing a sever compression on the ulnar nerve. My surgeon was highly skilled and well known.
Three days post op from my second surgery I developed sever burning and sensitivity to my right inner arm and elbow. Two and half months later I had been diagnosed with RSD. My surgery wasn't successful. I'm going to hold off on anymore surgery for a while but there may be one day that I find the answer to a successful TOS surgery.
It is a chance that you take when you have TOS surgery. There are many that it helps and many that it doesn't work so well for.
I wish you the best of luck and I do hope that you will benefit from the surgery. The best advice that I can give you is to follow your surgeon’s orders to a "T" Take is very easy, Do no lifting, no stretching, Just resting on the couch and letting everyone help you...
As far as SSD I just had my hearing today with the ALJ judge. I have an attorney representing me and it went very well. I have very strong medical evidence and a very well versed attorney plus I was lucky to have had a good judge. I will have my answer in 4 to 6 weeks but my attorney was happy with the hearing. So make sure you have a good attorney and strong medical evidence and it should help you along.
Best of luck with your surgery...
Many Hugs
Dawn