View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 08:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I think my tremor was caused by ALA

Last month I suddenly developed a strong tremor in my hands when trying to turn my wrists. My arms were feeling very shaky and even weaker than usual. I was feeling constantly confused, disoriented, and starving no matter how much I ate and even after eating high amounts of protein, the shakiness wouldn't stop.

This back and fourth tremor of my hands went on for 2 weeks.

Then I was able to pin point the day the tremor started. It was a few days after I went from 100 ALA twice a day, to 300 twice a day. I didn't put that together since I had no issue the first few days so I kept taking it for 2 weeks and the the tremor and constant shakiness, confusion, and hunger continued.
ALA lowers blood sugar....Bingo! I am a big time hypoglycemic to the point I'd pass out as a teenager if I ate lots of carbs or skipped meals.
The feeling I had on the ALA was like the worst low blood sugar of my life and I eat a very low carb diet so this stuff is powerfully strong in lowering blood sugar.
I stopped taking it and with in a week the back and fourth tremor stopped. My hands still have the tremor though which is upsetting. Im hoping my body will regulate itself and hoping I didn't do more damage as I have enough already.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote