View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 08:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would attempt to keep your competent Neurologist to lead the way and work hand in hand with a Physiatrists. Physical medicine and rehab helps a lot. Myself personally I have really bad balance issues which they narrowed down to my cerebellum dis-functioning from the injury. Ive been in physical therapy now since October but ive made great strides.

You really cannot rely on just one doctor. Concussions and their effects are different for everyone and no one concussion or protocol is the same. Plain and simple. What works for some does not for others. I found this out the hard way.

Physical therapy not only helps with my balance, but has also helped to teach me how to accept the injury, and how to not over due your limits. Your neurologist should have 0 issues ordering it for you if he/she feels you need it. After X amount of months it should be ordered anyway from what I understand. Just simply for the fact to reteach you your limits and gradually work into physicality, that is if you have a very physically demanding job like myself.

Hopefully that helps, but you should honestly talk to your neuro about it.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Keep positive.
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AndromedaJulie (03-26-2015), Lara (03-26-2015), Mark in Idaho (03-26-2015)