View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 09:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have had CRPS for over 15 years. Was not diagnosed with it until about 10 years ago. Lack of sleep is something I am still battling doctors with. And being that I go to the VA as it is service related I don't really have the choice of finding a new physician. Pain Mgt tells me I need to see the mental health docs. Mental health tells me I need to see primary care. Primary care tells me I need to see sleep clinic. Sleep clinic tells me I need to lose weight and see pain management. It is beyond ridiculous.

Sleep doctor who has the sleep study that shows I suffer from sleep apnea. I tell them that the CPAP isn't working. It makes me take longer to actually fall asleep. And when I do fall asleep it wakes me up within an hour by falling off. So I was looking for alternatives. When I told him his suggestion to try going to sleep earlier wouldn't help because if I go to sleep earlier I will just wake up earlier and then be even more tired during the work day he suggested that I am not willing to try(which isn't the case I told him I had been trying that) and if I am not "willing" to lose the weight required there was nothing he could do for me and that I should go back to pain management as that is the underlying cause.

It is an uphill battle that makes me want to rage more often than not.
Tomahawk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-26-2015)