View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 11:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpsspoonie12 View Post
Hey guys,

So I have really bad pain at night most nights and it keeps me from getting to sleep even though I am exhaustion. Then sometimes, the pain will wake me up from my sleep and then the cycle of pain will start over and I won't be able to sleep again. Has anyone else had this kind of problem? What do you do to help? Thanks for your help
Didnt sleep for years. I tried everything, lunesta, ambien and the amitriptyline one doc gave me made me WIRED! I thought I was being punked. lol I tried it for 3 nights thinking it would take a while to get into my system but NO. Wide awake and in pain. It is most important for us to get a good nights sleep, as hard as it is. My life saver sleeping aid is also Trazodone. I wake up well rested, not groggy but RSD rears its ugly head once I wake up and the day starts.

Everyone is different. I wondered what is the matter with me? Drugs dont work on me. Vicodine makes me hyper like a speed demon. A great therapist told me about this swab test that gives you a 12 page report on how your body reacts to different drugs. Sure enough all the drugs I had been taking for the last 4 years either didnt work or had a bad effect on me.
It is called CYP450. I wish my doc would have given me this test before ever given me a statin. Right there on the results was a danger warning.
Along with the RSD pain I have permanent muscle damage from Zocor and Lipitor and I was only on it for 2 months.

I still dont have a pain pill that takes my pain away and the side effects were not acceptable for me. But being able to now sleep at night is HUGE.

Smile and try to bring some happiness into your life.
Shelbie
shelbie4u is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (03-26-2015), Enna70 (03-26-2015), Littlepaw (03-27-2015), visioniosiv (03-26-2015)