View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'd recommend reading "The Inflammation Zone" to get a good handle on what he is trying to do. It's one thing to hear it from me, it's another to have a good in-depth explanation from someone who has been working on this for a good while.

Yes, he has a commercial interest - he sells fish oil - and many of his books are repetitive, but I have seen it work first hand, and many of his findings are repeated by others. Most docs would say that lowering your triglycerides by 60% in 6 months with or without medication is impossible, but it's exactly what happened to me: from 200 to 70, which is quite spectacular. You basically control your hormones, reduce internal inflammation, and this has a good effect on PN too.

Obviously, it's about more than just the PN: even though I did not follow everything to the letter (if I eat an egg I also eat the yolk, bite me ), and allowed myself the occasional "day off", correcting cholesterol levels in such a way and losing 70 pounds (ending up with a BMI - for what that's worth - of 21) without too much effort really did me a lot of good.
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-26-2015), newstown (03-26-2015)