View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 02:18 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

These ones are pretty tame in comparison although with mum and babies, the dad was making some snorting noises and keeping guard. They come right up over the revetment wall onto the grass usually. There are so many of them and they swim around all day with water fowl, ducks and the occasional pelican. The cormorants sit on the shore with wings spread sunbaking.

These ones swam over to the shore line for the photos though and they had been way out in the middle. The lakes here where the photos were taken are man made and meander and although this one is technically a fresh water lake, they had to build a weir due to flooding problems so sometimes it's a bit briny depending on what time of year it is. Lots of fish, no sharks!

They look magnificent when they're flying with white underneath and bright red here and there. They're massive and I have seen them get a little aggressive each other.

I've never seen any white swans here in the wild although I think there are some in certain areas that were introduced to Australia.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-26-2015)