View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 04:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
T disease.

Only LEMS and a CMS act like MG. Meaning that there are few diseases with fluctuating muscle weakness, such as what you have. And MG is a clinical diagnosis that is backed up with tests, because there are so many variables in diagnosing MG. And while there are classic MG symptoms, such as ptosis, there is not a classic MG patient presentation. Yes, fluctuating weakness is the hallmark of MG, but, beyond that, we all have different "sub-types" of MG. Some people have worse neck issues, while others have weaker breathing. Some MG patients have a mild MG and others, unfortunately, have "brittle" MG, where it doesn't respond well to any meds.

I really hope you continue to get better and never have to go through all of this again!!

I'll bet your family wishes for that, too!

Annie
I tell you some of the Neuro's do so much damage saying anything at all! I was told that once that MG does NOT wax and wane. That if once negative you will never be positive. that . It it only presents one way etc etc etc. I feel for those who aren't lucky enough to find someone experienced enough in MG!

and I second the group hug and all of the rest of Annie's sentiments!
rockenmama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-26-2015)