View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 06:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks so much for your replies. It is encouraging to know that playing guitar again is a possibility in the future. And I will definitely get him that book. Even the title resonates with his situation. I don't want him so quit his band, I just wonder if it's possible for a recovering addict to practice, play, and tour again without relapsing. Its just…alcohol and cocaine are so deeply ingrained in the culture of his band. It is always around. I know it's up to the individual, but it seems like it would be so hard. Thank you so much for the suggestion. Definitely going to buy it on amazon. As far as meetings go, he doesn't want to go, and I don't feel like I can make him. Miraculously he's been able to abstain regardless (he hasn't gone more than a week without doing blow in 7 years). Is there anything else I can do to help get him a little support? Does a person need to go to meetings to stay sober?

As for improvements, there are new milestones every day. Today wiggled his toes. Doesn't sound like much, but it meant the world to us.

Thanks again.
Sones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wide-O (03-27-2015)