View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 09:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I just had the ablation procedure for my back ( I have had chronic back pain since a rod infusion in 2013). Almost 4 weeks later I am in more pain & my "MP" is worse, but they will not fix my legs until they get my back fixed! It is all very frustrating, my neurosurgeon put me on gabapentin after surgery when he realized there was a problem, then I went to a neurologist for an EMG on my legs and she took me off it due to weight gain, then I was sent to the pain clinic who put me back on it! My husband even researched the ablation procedure for me as I have become so overwhelmed by everything I have been through. They didn't tell me until it happened that it gets worse before it gets better & can take 4 weeks to work! I probably haven't been much help but it's always nice to know you're not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderdog4 View Post
Hello, fellow MP
I have had constant severe MP for 6 years. Have tried every drug the doctors could think would help - none did. Next week I am scheduled to have a Radio Frequency Ablation at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. As I understand it, a thin needle that is attached to a radio frequency emitting device will be inserted into the nerve that the doctors have identified as causing the MP. I have been told that they will bring the frequency to 45 degrees (frequency, not temperature). They say that this often causes the nerve to go "dead" without burning it or cutting it.

I am hoping and praying that this will be the answer

Have any of you had this procedure? Did it work for you? Any advice?

I am a new member and look forward to chatting with anyone who understands this pain.
Suzon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote