View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm very glad to hear that you had a significant improvement!! and also that the insurance company looked into the treatment with such senior employees. I'm SO glad to hear of anyone with RSD having an improvement with any treatment!

That's so encouraging to hear of your success with the insurance company. I picked up the papers I needed to start the claim today, and am going to start the fight!

Some more info I found out today - I checked back on the clinical trials webpage, and three trials have now been completed. Most of them are for chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy (which I have now after going thru my cancer treatments ) but there is also one for back pain and one for shingles. It's really encouraging to see the studies starting to branch out into different areas. That will help with insurance company battles, too. You can look at the studies by going to clinicaltrials.gov and searching for "scrambler".

The back pain trial had great results. It was a double blind study. The Calmare patients had an approximately 40% reduction in pain, while the sham treatment patients didn't have any improvement. That's pretty significant! The sample size was small, but at least we're making some progress in getting studies done, and it should keep building. I think it's a great idea to do testing for shingles treatment - I hope that works!

Two chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy studies had results, too, but I don't understand how to read the results. I have a degree in computers/math, not medicine, and I just don't understand the format they used to show the results. The back pain study was really clear, but these studies just didn't give enough info for me to make sense of the results. I think I'll call the Mayo clinic (one of the sponsors) to see if they can explain it to me, or maybe someone here can read the studies and explain it to us.

When I get some time off from my daughter's medical issues, I think I'll try Calmare for my chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy, especially if I succeed in getting Calmare covered for my daughter.

No treatment works for everyone, but this one sure worked well for my daughter, and I'm glad to hear it helped you!

Last edited by SloRian; 03-26-2015 at 10:12 PM.
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jdj88 (09-19-2015)