View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 10:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That is just terrible, bunnehead!! So frustrating to get such crap treatment when you are complying and not being a drug-seeker That first dr. sounds REALLY strange! I'm so sorry you've had to stretch things out like that I've been thru that on a smaller scale

Here's another thought - maybe your insurance company can speed up your first appointment? Usually insurance companies are one of the sources of our problems, but if you point out a possible money loss, they can sometimes move quickly. Tell them that you are medically dependent upon these meds as per dr's order, and will go through withdrawal and a very expensive trip to the ER unless you can get in to the new dr. sooner. Just keep saying how expensive trips to the ER are - keep those dollar signs in front of them - as compared to an office visit to a dr. And stress that you have been under continual care of a dr, and are on these meds by prescription, and an unavoidable side-effect of being off them is a serious withdrawal. Something like that. The only time that I won something with my insurance company is when I convinced them that the course I did NOT want was really expensive, and the course that I DID want was a lot cheaper. Anyway, it was just a thought I had ... keep us informed, and I'm so sorry you are going through this

Wow, gigicnm, that is just awful!! With your good record, the pain clinic dropped you?! You were obviously actively working to comply, but had to go thru WC and the court system and that takes time. That seems bordering on unethical for them to drop you
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote