View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 11:12 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

So long as you have the WC approval, the doctor's office should be able to get you in earlier. Explain that you'll be out of meds and can't go into withdrawals. Explain you have a few weeks worth and can call every morning to check for cancellations.

I doubt any ER will prescribe you fentanyl patches. They maybe would prescribe methadone or suboxone or refer to a doc that will... They might be willing to give you a shot while there if you're in a flare, but don't count on it.

I don't think people realize what a nightmare WC is and it's only getting worse.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but don't burn your bridges like that in the future with any doctor, even if he is wrong and a jerk.

Over the years: I've had a doc that died, one that left the state with a week's notice, one that lost his ability to prescribe meds, and one close his practice with 30 days notice since he was so sick of WC. My current doc is well past retirement age. You ALWAYS need to have a backup doctor that you trust and that trusts you, when you're dependent on opiates.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-27-2015)