View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 03:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrox View Post
Not sure how to describe this but here goes:

You know when you are outside in the cold winter and your hands and feet get very cold and begin to hurt and they become very sensitive to vibration or impact. Even a minor impact with your hand causes intense stinging pain that takes a while to abate.

If you've ever played sports in the very cold air you know the feeling well. Vibration of a bat or club in your hands can be agonizing.

Also, if you ever have gotten frostbite or near frostbite you know the searing pain that happens as blood comes back into your fingers and toes.

Anyway, my neuropathy has started to feel like this constantly. Any minor impact to my hands and fingers produces a searing pain that is exactly like described above. And at rest if feels exactly the same as when your recovering from frostbite or near frostbite.

I wonder if my problem is lack of blood flow to the nerves or something similar? Anyone have this problem?
Sounds more like RAYnauds phenomenon, it can cause all the symptoms you are having. and neuropathy. Frostbite is a much more serious and lifethreatening condition, where the lack of blood/frozen blood, causes cell death, hench the black skin.
raynaud is usually as a result of an underlying condition.
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-27-2015)