View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 07:49 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Mark,

Thank you for your comment. I'm soon starting CBT treatment, but do you think I can really get rid permanently of the anxiety of hitting my head?

I have this fear that this anxiety will stay with me permanently. I just wish I could forget that I got a concussion, everything would've been easier this way.

Do you think it is possible to 100% get rid of the anxiety of hitting my head? When I say 100%, I mean that even when I get a small bump on the head I wouldn't think for one second that it might be a concussion (I'll just not care). Do you think it's a possibility?

MVTBI,

I'm glad to hear you progress anxiety wise! I'm quite sure that anxiety can make recovery longer and more difficult, so you might notice yourself healing faster the more you get rid of your anxiety.

I'm trying to get rid of my anxiety right now and I'll hope I'll make a progress as well.

Thank you both very much for the replies,
-ProAgonist

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote